Students attending Kiski Area High School must meet the following academic requirements in order receive their diploma:
- A minimum of 23 CREDITS for graduation.
- Subject requirements for graduation for all students are:
- ● 4 credits of English
- ● 4 credits of Social Studies
- ○ Economics required
- ○ 3 credits for Northern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center
- ● 3 credits of Mathematics
○ Option 4 credits of Mathematics and 3 credits of Science
- ● 4 credits of Science
- ○ The following are science courses are required:
- Honors Biology
- Honors Chemistry or AP Chemistry
- Principles of Technology, Honors Physics or AP Physics 1
- ○ Option 4 credits of Mathematics and 3 credits of Science
- ● 4 years of Physical Education (One class each year grades 9-12)
- ● .5 credits of Health
- ● Electives to reach a total of 23 credits
- Special Notes:
- ● Students planning to attend college should take a minimum of 2 years of the
same World Language.
- ● Students must fulfill all requirements of the graduation project as outlined in their
- ● Students interested in participating in athletics after high school must meet all
NCAA eligibility requirements. Registration with the NCAA should take place at the end of their junior year.