As you know, the Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the end of the 2020 school year. We are all saddened by the impact this pandemic has had on our lives and specifically the graduating class of 2020. Over the last several weeks, we have been working with the student leadership committee to explore all options for a graduation ceremony. Our goal was to be able to provide a ceremony as close to what typically occurs at Kiski Area. We are currently developing a plan that we believe will provide a special and appropriate event that celebrates the amazing accomplishments of Kiski Area Class of 2020.
The graduation ceremony will be on June 3, 2020, at the Riverside Drive-In Theatre located at 1114 Lees Lake Lane, Vandergrift PA, 15690. Each graduate will receive a car pass for the event. All graduates and their families will report to the high school that evening, allowing for the formation of vehicles in proper graduation order. The class of 2020 will then receive a police escort to Riverside Drive-In Theatre. Once all cars are in the theatre, we will proceed with a graduation ceremony consisting of student speakers and special performances while families remain in their cars while adhering to appropriate requirements for social distancing. The names of graduates will be read and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma. We are excited about this event and believe that we have the ability to host a first-class ceremony that will deservingly honor the great accomplishments of the class of 2020. We will be providing updates as to the details of this event as we move forward. Please know that we are meeting with the student leadership team weekly and their input into this event has been essential as we prepare to honor our seniors.
Reminder - There is a meeting this evening beginning at 6:30 pm. Open Google Meet and enter the following to join the meeting.
(It is faster if you log into the meeting through your child’s Kiski Area account. If you are logging in to the meeting from an outside account you will have to wait for approval to enter the meet.)
Pre-registration for commencement photos will save you 20%! Use the following link:
Dear Graduating Class of 2020 and Families,
We hope all is well and that you are as excited as we are about the upcoming graduation ceremony! As we prepare for the event on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, we wanted to share with you some information that will be helpful in your planning.
- Extra Vehicle Passes: Each family that submitted a request will receive a response in the graduate’s school email account. Those families who were issued an extra vehicle pass will receive them when the other passes are handed out at graduation practice. For those who we were not able to accommodate, please know that the entire ceremony will be live-streamed through our website and recorded and archived to allow those not able to attend, due to limited space, the ability to enjoy the event.
- Graduation Practice: We will have a graduation practice, as we normally do, on the morning of the graduation ceremony (June 3). Graduates are asked to report to the high school between 8:00 am and 9:00 am and we will be providing breakfast for all graduates. We will be parking the graduates in the specific parking space that they will need to return to for the ceremony to ensure proper order. As we park the graduates during practice, they will receive either a BLUE or GOLD parking pass that they MUST bring with them for the evening ceremony. Any graduate that was issued an extra pass will receive the WHITE pass during this time. We anticipate graduation practice lasting no later than 11:00 am.
- Graduation Ceremony: All graduates and their families must report to the high school by 7:00 pm. If the graduate has a BLUE parking pass, they will enter campus at the top entrance nearest the Intermediate school and enter the bus lot to their designated parking space. If the graduate has a GOLD parking pass, they will enter campus at the lower entrance nearest the baseball field and proceed to the rear parking lot into their designated parking space. All extra WHITE passes will proceed to the athletic circle to gather. GRADUATES MUST BE IN THE VEHICLE WITH A BLUE OR GOLD PASS. (Restrooms will be available at the high school during this staging process)
Once all of the graduates and families are in place at the high school, the procession to the drive-in will begin. We have arranged a police escort to the facility and it is important for all vehicles to stay in the escort on the way to the facility. ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLES WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE DRIVE-IN FACILITY IF THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE PROCESSION.
When the procession arrives at the drive-in, district staff will direct you where to proceed and we will park all cars accordingly. Please understand the following:
- All vehicles will be parked facing the drive-in screen.
- You must follow the direction of district staff and park where they direct you.
- There will be a slideshow of the class of 2020 running on the screen as we work to park all vehicles.
- RVs, Limos, and other such vehicles are strictly prohibited.
- Other Important Information:
- The audio for the event will be broadcast on an FM channel designated that evening. Please be mindful of your vehicle's battery throughout the event.
- Due to guidelines and restrictions, everyone must remain in their vehicles except for the graduates as they are directed to and from the stage.
- Restrooms are available throughout the ceremony at the drive-in building. Please use these facilities only if absolutely necessary.
- At the conclusion of the event, all cars will proceed out of the drive-in. There will be no ability for any pictures taken after the event at the drive-in facility.
- Any additional details regarding the ceremony will be shared with the graduates at graduation practice.
Thank you all for your continued support of this special graduation ceremony for the Kiski Area Class of 2020! If you have any additional questions, please email Suzie Roush at email@example.com.